Black & White :: Shein.com Black Dress with White Pleat Sleeve Cuff + Over the Knee Boots ( Featured)

Thursday, January 14, 2016 Simone - Your Style Architect 20 Comments

Hi everyone !

Trust 2016 has been looking up for you so far - as it has for me. Been working on more collaborations for 2016 and have been kindly receiving some lovely gifts to highlight in my fashion blog posts recently.

Today, I will be introducing you to another online store - Shein.com ( previously known as sheinside.com) of which the kind people there have sent me 2 lovely dresses to showcase to my readers.

Both dresses are in my favourite black hue and I wanted to bring this first look to you and styling it with the latest over-the-knee boots trend, which certainly had me stopping by the Stuart Weitzman billboards over the last quarter of 2015, just to gawk at those lovely SW5050 boots - not to mention the gorgeous Gisele Bundchen! Wishing I had legs as long and beautiful as hers.... well at least I can pretend.





This was supposedly a dress as listed on the website, however it came slightly short of what I would be comfortable of as a dress length. Nonetheless, a little black leggings or tights wouldn't hurt to help one feel " secure" in this small number.



If you have been following my Instagram account, I had once posted a picture of myself wearing an almost similar dress by " Victoria by Victoria Beckham". The designer dress had white pleated bell cuff sleeves that were cut longer and of course the dress was in crepe fabric rather than cotton. Although this item was listed as polyester without stretch but it turned out to be more like a t-shirt cotton material with a rounded collar which didn't impress me too much when I first opened the bag. However, with proper styling it somehow worked itself how in the total look and feel.




So now let's talk over-the-knee boots! I am loving this suede pair so much and though there are many similar styles out in the shops but remember to get one with the right fit so it doesn't bite at the ankles or wrap too tight around the calves. An easy to match boot style this Winter, try trending with short skirts, dresses or even over pants or jeans. Just be careful when mix and matching as there is a fine line with this style of boots between looking raunchy as in " Pretty Woman" or slightly sophisticated...



Would like to take this opportunity to highlight this new lip colour from Maybelline " Lipgradation"  ( as released in Asia) or " Lip Studio Color Blur" ( as seen on their website) which I simply love! This shade is called " Orange" and it's an orangey red hue which is the latest colour you would see many celebrities trending instead of chilli red this winter.

A lovely matte texture which does not bleed at the edge of your lips and the cream pencil style lipstick comes with a sponge tip on the other end for easy blending around the edges.


Back to my lovely gift from Shein.com. All new customers get to enjoy a 40% off on all first time orders. Free shipping is available for all orders above US$ 30 and if you spend US$ 99 and above, express 3 day shipping is free too! So go get those latest trends and looks for LESS!!

Just click on the pictures above or on the link below and have fun shopping!!

Dress : Shein.com
Boots : Stuart Weitzman 
Bag : Prada 
Hat : H&M

Love,
Simone xoxo Women's Black Suede Knee High Boots, Black Leather Satchel Bag, Black Hat on Lookastic: Black Suede Knee High Boots, Black Leather Satchel Bag, Black Hat

You Might Also Like

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You look like a Bond girl, lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillis. Thats such a kind compliment! Indeed wish I could be a " Bond girl" next to Daniel Craig!!! That'll make my day!

      Delete
  2. how cute! those boots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @kibyluver. It's soo comfortable - you should go get a pair!

      Delete
  3. Debbie White Beattie24 January 2016 at 09:04

    I love your hat. The sleeve detail on your dress with the ribbon bows and the white pleats are absolutely gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. Yes indeed the outfit is quite cute and pretty versatile if you know how to mix and match it.

      Delete
  4. How cute! Love the look and definitely the boots looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! The boots really add to the look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. black and white. so classic. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very pretty dress - and in my favorite colors. Agree with you about the length of the dress - I'd definitely need leggings underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look fantastic! Very classic hollywood! Love the look.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look. The boots and hat look great with this dress. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this look. Very classy. It looks beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for visiting and for your sweet comments. Means alot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a very classy and elegant look! Love it!! :-)
    I'm actually currently really obsessed with over-the-knee boots as well. I did a blog post about them as well recently, but made the outfit a bit more casual. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think :-)
    http://www.fashionartista.com/over-the-knee-boot-trend/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful boots! I love this classic dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little ribbon detail is so cute and the boot are the best.

    ReplyDelete